1. Contract :all bookings will form a contract between the Hirer and the Property owners. The accommodation is let for holiday purposes within the meaning paragraph 9 of the First Schedule to the Housing Act 1988, and there is no right of occupancy beyond the stated and agreed period.
2. Rental: Bookings for persons or groups under 21 years of age cannot be
3. Bookings: Upon receipt of your enquiry by email or
telephone, the property can be provisionally booked. This will be held for a period of
seven days only.
If no booking form and deposit is received within this period, then the
provisional booking will be cancelled.
4. Payment: All payments should be made to the agents in the manner
specified on the booking form. Non-payment of the balance of the rent on
the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the hirer.
Bookings made within 6 weeks of your holiday date must be paid for in full and
in advance of occupation of the property. For a booking made more than 6 weeks
before your holiday starts we require a deposit of one hundred pounds, which
will be refunded in full if the reservation is cancelled more than 4 weeks prior
5. Balance: Upon payment of the deposit and subject to acceptance of the
booking, the applicant becomes liable for the balance of the rent 6 weeks before
for the period of letting. Any late booking payment by cheque must be made at
least 14 working days before occupancy.
6. Damage / Extra cleaning:
All bookings are accepted on the condition that the property is left in
the same state of repair, order and cleanliness both inside and outside as at
the start of the holiday, should you not have time to leave the house
as you found it, there will be an additional charge of £30. It is agreed that the person who made the booking
will pay for breakage and / or damage and cleaning if so required.
All breakages should be reported to the owners and minor damage should
be noted in writing at the termination of the stay.
7. Sleeping Capacity: The maximum number of people allowed in each
cottage is clearly indicated on this web site
and extra persons cannot be accommodated.
8. Availability: The Hiring Contract is made on the understanding that
the property and its facilities as published on the internet will be available
for the dates stated. In the unlikely event that the property is not available
through events arising out of the control of the owners, then they may be forced
to cancel the booking. The hirer will be advised of any such circumstances as
early as possible, and will be refunded all monies paid in full with the Hirer
having no further claim against the agents or the owner.
9. Occupation times: Tenancies commence after 4 pm (unless otherwise agreed), on the commencement date of the tenancy
and terminate at 10.00 am on the leaving date.
This is to ensure that the Cottage can be properly prepared for the subsequent
10. Access to property: The Property Owner or his/her
agents shall be allowed
access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time during any holiday
11. Pets. One well behaved dog is welcomed. Dogs must not
be allowed to foul the property or grounds.
13. Linen: Bed Linen and towels are supplied.
The owners will be responsible
for complying with all applicable Statutory Regulations and Discrimination Acts
affecting customers, the property, and its equipment,
15. Smoking: Smoking is not allowed inside
the cottages. If guests wish to smoke in the grounds,
then they should not leave cigarette ends on the property.
16. Special Needs: If you have special requests or needs, you are
responsible for advising us at the time of booking, although we cannot guarantee
that any requests will be met. Failure to meet special requests will not be a
breach of contract. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the
property is completely suitable for your needs. Please note that if a particular
requirement is not specified on the Website then it is not provided.
17. Motor Car and Personal Belongings: Baggage and personal belongings
are at the Hirer's risk at all times, and no responsibility can be accepted for
loss of or damage to any vehicle or its contents.
18. Cancellation : Any cancellation following payment of a deposit or balance
is subject to a £20 administration fee. If cancellation occurs for any reason within 28 days of the start of the holiday, he
/ she should advise us
immediately by telephone or e-mail followed by a confirmatory letter. Upon
receipt of such letter (but without any obligation to the hirer) We will attempt
to obtain a replacement letting, and if such a letting is obtained, will then
refund to the hirer any monies paid less the administration fee. If we are unable to re-let, then
we shall be entitled to retain all payments already made. In the event
of balance of rental payments not being made by the due date (see item 4)
, the holiday
week will be re-advertised and a refund of the deposit will be given (less
administration fee) only if the property can be re-let. We advise
guests to arrange cancellation insurance with the insurer of your choice to
cover such an eventuality.
19.Complaints: Every effort has been made to ensure that
you have an enjoyable holiday. If however, you have any cause for
complaint please contact the owners immediately if any problem arises
so that it can be speedily resolved. We cannot subsequently consider any
complaints or enter into any correspondence about them unless this procedure has
20. Data protection and Privacy: Information provided on Booking Forms
will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to a third party or used for
any other purpose.